Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

#116 Do NOT use Airtickets24

Airtickets24 made a mistake and misspelled a name from the information I gave them, and a spelling error in a name is probably the worst thing that could happen regards flying.

They are difficult to get hold of, and when they eventually emailed back they said the airline does not allow any name changes, but they put a note on the booking saying it was a mistake and she should be able to fly (but it's not guaranteed).

I have no proof they misspelled it, the only thing is I'm 95% sure I wouldn't misspell my own mothers name, and also in the booking info it says it correctly, it's only on the airline boarding passes that it is spelled wrong. I doubt there is much point in trying to argue or get them to own up and take responsibility, so I am just praying it will work out and am vowing never to use them again, and to discourage anyone else.

I was a little apprehensive about using them in the first place, but they were the only website offering cheap tickets. I found them using the Skyscanner website.

The mistake is from Barbara to Barbra. It's literally one letter, but I know that airlines are very strict on names exactly matching the passport, and I am worried she will not be allowed enter Japan.

Her flight is in May so I will update then and let you know if she is in fact allowed fly.

Update: She was allowed fly both to and from Japan. Because the mistake was small they allowed it, but it was a nerve racking experience wondering whether she would be allowed on the next flight or not. At check in she was only allowed her boarding pass for the first flight, and had to get the boarding pass for her next flight at the discretion of the airline staff at that airport. There was also problems with online check in and seat picking, and of the three reservation numbers I had only some of them worked, and it was a bit messy in general. And my final problem was that they only said "you have free baggage" but they could not tell us how much it was - we were unsure if it was one or two pieces since she was flying different airlines each time.
Thankfully it all worked out in the end, but I would still urge everyone to stay away from Airtickets24.

No comments:

Post a Comment