Pages

Saturday 26 April 2014

#86 Staycation Ireland


This will be the first in a series about some Irish destinations and what they have to offer! Since I am Irish myself I would like to be considered an expert and therefore any advice and information I provide will be infallible.


I'm going to suggest that some people take a 'stay-cation' here in Ireland, or if you're from another country perhaps you could just plain old vacation here. I don't want to brag, but we are pretty great. I mean, sure. We're kind of expensive, and the weather isn't great. But we have a lot of other great things going on, I can assure you, and you will find out throughout this dynamic and exciting series of articles!


If it rains, you can always buy some fancy raincoats and umbrellas and wellington boots.  Really make the bad weather work for you and your style! Okay I'll admit I'm clutching at straws here. . .but when you're visiting it mightn't even rain, last year we had some very hot weather and blue skies! Realistically it most likely will rain at some point, but there's always a chance it won't! You should hold out on that hope while packing your raincoat and umbrella. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst!


Quick note: The word 'stay-cation' actually annoys me, because it's a bastardization of the word 'vacation', which is a word we don't use here in Ireland. We're familiar with the meaning from American movies and TV shows, but we use the word 'holiday' instead. So really the word 'staycation' don't make much sense here.


At the end of every article I'm going to put in the following links to some Irish tourism websites, so if you're seriously interested you can get some information from the professionals.
DiscoverIreland.ie
VisitDublin.com
Ireland.com
CulturalTourismIreland.ie

This video is a little cringey because it only shows 'old and natural' Ireland. That is a large part of Ireland, but don't worry we have cities and shops and nightclubs too.



No comments:

Post a Comment