Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

#58 World Ice Hockey Championships 2013

For the next few weeks in Stockholm (and also Helsinki), the IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) World Mens Championships are on. Tickets for most of the games (and super good seats) are only 75kr, and it's on at the Globe arena, so I had no excuse not to visit!



Obviously, ice hockey isn't a popular sport in Ireland, so my only knowledge of the sport comes from that Disney movie, The Mighty Ducks. I went to see the first game of the championships, Czech Republic VS Belarus. I was supporting Czech, and they won 2-0! It was low scoring which made it a little less exciting I guess, but I still had a really good time! It's a really fast paced sport, it was difficult to keep track of the players as they were skating so fast, and sometimes almost impossible to see where the puck was!


The Globe was made for sports like this, I know they have concerts there, but it really felt like it was made for ice hockey games! The stadium is great, and we had seats in the first few rows, but we went higher up on the break so we could get more pictures of the arena.


Take that Belarus!

You can get tickets for the games at ticnet.se, which is the Swedish Ticketmaster. The Globe is located at Globen metro stop, less than 10 minutes from the city centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment