Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

#44 Tallinn, Estonia

Last weekend I took some time out from my studies (haha!) to visit Tallinn, the capital of Estonia.

This was on one of the famous cheap cruises from Stockholm, so again I spent about twice as much time on the boat as opposed to seeing any of Estonia. However, in the few hours I was there, I really enjoyed it!

View from the ferry terminal


Like Stockholm, the highlight of Tallinn is the Old Town. There's lots of old winding streets and churches, and of course tourist shops! Across the road from the old town is also a big shopping centre, for those of you who crave the more modern! I think it would be a great place to explore some more, and I am disappointed I didn't have more time there.

Here are my picture highlights of Tallinn:

Church in the old town (there are many!)

Church

Another church

Winding street

I think this was a souvenir shop!

The main square in the old town

The main square


View of Tallinn




This cruise was almost identical to the one I got a few weeks ago to Helsinki. The price was cheap (320kr for a 4 person cabin) and while the boat was nice the cabin was tiny and without a window. We didn't get to see so much of Estonia, so again if you are really interested in going you probably should pick a different trip. But, if you just want to buy a fridge magnet and take some pictures to say you were there, it's great value!

Silhouette of Tallinn from the boat

No comments:

Post a Comment